The latest PC patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now available on test severs.
PUBG’s update 13 is not a major one, but it still manages to have a few interesting changes.
Under Customisation, there’s now a new Gear option, which lets you choose a parachute skin. The first of these, called the Bengal Tiger skin, will be available for purchase for $5, replacing the Target Practice pan skin.
Speaking of skins, there’s a new cosmetic crate to look forward to. It’s called the Aviator crate, and it’ll require the Aviator key to unlock.
Though this update doesn’t feature any performance improvements, the developer noted that it’s aware of growing concerns about deteriorating game performance and will address them in the future.
OTHER STORIES ON VG247
:: Fortnite Week 5 Challenges: How to get free XP and Battle Stars – VG247
:: Rainbow Six Siege Operation Para Bellum launches June 7 – VG247
PUBG Corp. also promised more balance updates soon. The next of which will bring some tweaks to the M16A4. Future updates will also change the weapon drop rates, though the developer did not share any specific details.
All of this is available now on test servers, and will hit live servers later today. Expect a four-hour maintenance today at 7pm PDT, 10pm EDT which is 3am BSTtomorrow.
Here all the patch notes:
- Both the Lightweight Grip and Half Grip can now be attached to the Vector.
- First shot from the M16A4 now has less recoil.
- Decreased the spread of shotgun pellets.
- Shotgun chokes and duckbills are now less effective at decreasing spread (so the effective spread for a shotgun with a choke or duckbill will be similar to before)
- Customisation > Gear tab has been added. Go here to equip parachute skins.
- Tooltips for weapon attachments have been edited to make them more intuitive.
- Added support for Ukrainian. Thank you to all the Ukrainian players who participated in the translation process!
- Game lobby now supports multiple languages.
- Multiple languages will be applied to various lobby components such as lobby menus (Play, Customization, Store, etc.), the options menu, and crates
- 19 different languages are supported
- Fixed an issue where certain buildings in Miramar were shown with default textures
- Fixed some walls in Miramar that could be partially passed through
- Removed the white mark that appeared alongside the aircraft icon on the minimap
- Scope reticle settings should no longer reset when weapons are dropped and picked up again
- We’ve improved the holographic sight’s reticle. It’s now the same size as a character silhouette seen from 100m away
- Certain animations on the buggy and minibus have been fixed
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused characters to sit at odd angles if entering into vehicles from a prone position on a sloped surface
- Fixed an issue causing red dot and holo sight reticles to get smaller and blurry when swapping weapons
- “Damage-received” sounds should no longer play after winning a game
New crate: Aviator
- A new crate (Aviator Crate) with new outfits has been added. Find it in the Store menu
- Aviator Crate requires an Aviator Key to be opened
- Added new parachute skin
- The “Bengal Tiger” parachute skin can be purchased separately as an individual item for $4.99(price will vary slightly in some regions, based on global exchange rates). It can be purchased only once per account.
- Bengal Tiger is untradeable on the Steam market
- It is purchasable in Store > items menu
- The Target Practice Pan skin will no longer be available after the planned 5/17 update!